Wednesday, March 31, 2010

horsing around




Paikea and Flossy often sleep under our bedroom window and I can come and lay with them. It is a beautiful thing when horses are so trusting and loving.
Their roundpen came today so I have to set it up and order sand to fill it with, then I can start training the two of them. In my drawings as a child, I drew horses being ridden in bitless bridles- that looked like regular english snaffles without the bit part. Well low and behold! Someone - a doctor has designed just such a thing. A english bitless bridle that applies pressure evenly over the entire head, no more sore mouths and more control with less pain. I am so happy! So my lovely ladies have freedom, bitless bridles, barefoot hoof trimming to simulate wild mustangs and the love put into them really shows, as you can see in the picture above. They are just so happy. Esp from what horses have to go thru living in southern california. Paikea is close to 17hh now and Flossy is atleast 15hh, so they are both ideal sizes for carrying many different riders on their backs. Lets see what type of riding horses they turn out to be..... some horses are really one person horses, like my first horse, he wasn't to be trusted with anyone new, so we have to just see how each individual comes along in life don't we. We'll see what these two get into SOON ENOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment